Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 36

Sorry, I've been busy the last couple of days. Friday I was planning on posting, but rather than listening to classical music my fiancees and I had a dance party to Bowie's Moder Love with our cats. It was the definition of megacoolamazingawesomeness; which since it isn't a word, can't have a definition. Yesterday I spent in NYC, mainly meeting up with an old friend (ok really good friend) from my home town in MN and hanging out with some newer old friends from college. Oh, and ya, there was a pork extravaganza involved, mainly eating this.

Side One
Piece: Improvisation uber das Bachsche Chorallied "Wie wohl ist mir, o Freund der Seele, wenn ich in deiner Liebe ruh"
Composer: Ferruccio Busoni
Performers: Isabel von Vintschger and Jurg von Vintschger
Record Date: October 4/5 1982

Side Two
Pieces: Fantasie fur eine Orgelwalze
1. Allegro (Fuge)
2. Andante
3. Allegro (Doppelfuge)
Duettino Concertante nach Mozart
Composer: Ferruccio Busoni
Performers: Isabel von Vintschger and Jurg von Vintschger
Record Date: October 4/5 1982

It's not often that I come across pieces written for two pianos and I must admit, I really enjoyed it. I would place it as a cross between the solitude and inter-meditation of a piano sonata with the thematic fullness of a symphony. In other words, MORE SOUND. Also didn't that second sentence make me sound like an over educated prick? Anyway, more tomorrow, still recovering from my pork hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment