Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 34

I wish I had more time to write up these pieces, but life being what it is I must rush through. Maybe this will give you the gumption to run out and give the good Russian man Scriabin a listen.

Side One
Pieces: Sonata No. 6 for Piano, Op 62; Sonata No 8 for Piano, Op. 66
Performer: Igor Zhukov
Record Date: No idea, but it was made in the USSR

Side Two
Pieces: Sonata No. 5 for Piano, Op 53; Sonata No 10 for Piano, Op 70
Performer: Igor Zhukov
Record Date: Non-given

From the moment the needle hit, I knew I was in for a ride; the pieces are very modern, I mean, he is Russian and a contemporary of Schonberg, so we know it's going to be out there. Yet at the same time they really work at taking your for a journey. It's not that your not craving for resolution, it's rather that you want it to come but you don't want it to rush. Like waiting for a loved one on a snowy day; you can't wait for them to get there but you don't want them to hurry and skid off the road. Worth a listen if you ever have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment