Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 23

I actually listened to this piece yesterday and ended up not being able to break away from something to write about it. In the end I guess I lucked out since I didn't listen to anything classical today. I did, however, listen to two great Cat Stevens LPs; amazing stuff, really if everyone detained by Homeland Security is this talented we need to start sending in three new CIA inquisitors, Martin, Eno and Peel.

Side One
Piece: Quartet No 3 in D Major, Op. 18
1. Allegro
2. Andante con moto
3. Allegro
4. Presto
Composer: Beethoven
Performers: The Budapest Quartet: Roisman & A Schneider, Violins; Ipolyi, Viola; M. Schneider, Cello
Record Date: 04/30/1935

Side Two
Piece: Quartet No. 10 in E-Flat Major, Op. 74 "Harp"
1. Poco adagio: Allegro
2. Adagio ma non troppo
3. Presto
4. Allegretto con variazioni
Composer: Beethoven
Performers: The Budapest Quartet: Roisman & A Schneider, Violins; Ipolyi, Viola; M. Schneider, Cello.
Record Date: 04/27/1936

Well that's all for now; tomorrow will be my final post until Monday due to being out of records. Any guesses on what I'll be listening to? I'll give you a hint, I've mentioned having the piece before, but have yet to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment