Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 11

Sorry for missing yesterday; I had timed out my evening in order to pick up my beautiful fiance at the airport and get back to the apartment with plenty of time to listen, only to have her flight come in 2 hours late.

Anyway, here I am, a day late and always a dollar short with the conclusion of the first act and the second act of Gotterdammerung.

Don't have much to say besides that it is good, and really I need to take the time one day to see this opera on it's own. So far, if I only had the chance to see one of the four operas in the cycle, it would be this one.

Piece: Gotterdammerung (Act 1 conclusion, Act 2)
Conductor: Wilhelm Furtwangler
Recorded: Live August 17th, 1950 at La SCALA

Tomorrow brings the final act of the opera and the finale of Wagner's famed Ring cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment